Sunday, November 7, 2010

Recipe of the day...

Today I made apple crumb (but only because I didn’t have any rhubarb- which I greatly prefer- however, apple is also fabulous). My Mom made this often when I was little. I LOVE it! Once I asked her to make it as my birthday cake I liked it so much. Thanks Mom!

Aunt Lulu’s Rhubarb or Apple Crumb


·         3 cups sliced rhubarb or apples
·         1 cup sugar
·         1 cup water
·         1 tbl cornstarch
·         1 tsp vanilla



Place fruit in a 9 inch baking dish. In a saucepan, heat sauce ingredients over medium high heat until think. Pour sauce over fruit.
Mix together:


·         1 tsp cinnamon
·         1 cup flour
·         1 cup brown sugar
·         ¾ cup oatmeal
·         ½ cup butter


                       
      Crumble over fruit. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Enjoy a la mode if you like. :)

1 comment: